D16Y8 or D15B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

test_drive

I found this engines for my civic-6.
what engine is better ?
D15B has more power, more economical
but D16Y8 has more torque :)
D16A is equal of D16Y8 ?

what engine is more petty ?

if i change my D16Y7 to these engines, will it be neccesary to change transmission ?

If your changing from a d16y7 I would think your vehicle is OBD2, With this in mind you would not have to convert. So the D16Y8 would be a better choice. There is not going to be a really noticable power gain between the D15B or the D16y8.

What are you trying to accomplish here? Do you just want a little more horsepower? Swapping your d-series engine for another d-series engine wouldn't really be worth it if you ask me. You just wouldn't get much gain for the amount of money it will cost to swap. It's kinda like buying a header, exhaust, and intake for a d-series... waste of money. You can buy all the bolt ons you want and an N/A d-series will still be slow. Personally I would turbo the engine you have because you can get decent numbers with just a turbo kit, but if you want to swap then swap a b-series engine in there.

Swapping out your d16y7 for a d16y8/d15b would be a waste of time and money. If you can do all the work yourself without spending much money if any at all then swap in the d16y8. The only options that would be worth the time and money would be a custom turbo setup or swapping a b-series motor in. The custom turbo setup would be faster than the b-series swap, but the b-series motor is a better platform to start from in stock form.

What do you mean? I thought I explained it fairly clear... N/A d-series is slow no matter what you do! Like I said if you can get the d16y8 swap done for next to nothing then go for it (get the Y8 tranny also). I just don't think it's worth it. Either turbocharge the motor you have or swap a b-series motor in there.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jul 28 2004, 02:10 PM-->
get the D16Y8
[post=369339]Quoted post[/post]​

:)

Originally posted by The WORLD is yours...@Jul 28 2004, 09:59 PM
get the D16y8!
[post=369549]Quoted post[/post]​

:)

beerbongskickass
@Jul 29 2004, 09:16 PM
What do you mean? I thought I explained it fairly clear... N/A d-series is slow no matter what you do! Like I said if you can get the d16y8 swap done for next to nothing then go for it (get the Y8 tranny also). I just don't think it's worth it. Either turbocharge the motor you have or swap a b-series motor in there.
[post=370125]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah... you can get an all motor D block to run pretty good numbers without spending much cash at all. If all motor D series performance is what he's looking for, he can get it pretty cheaply if he knows what to shop for. 150-160whp is actually pretty easy, and if the power levels he's looking for are only around what a B16 swap with bolt-ons would give, it's honestly not that hard with a D.

B still has more potential, but the D can get the job done pretty well too.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 30 2004, 01:25 AM
Nah... you can get an all motor D block to run pretty good numbers without spending much cash at all. If all motor D series performance is what he's looking for, he can get it pretty cheaply if he knows what to shop for. 150-160whp is actually pretty easy, and if the power levels he's looking for are only around what a B16 swap with bolt-ons would give, it's honestly not that hard with a D.

Are you joking? :huh:

Please explain to me how you are going to get an all motor d-series setup to run good numbers and make 150-160 whp without spending a lot of money!?!?!

The only way that's going to happen is if you spend a shit load of money on your engine, drop it into a gutted CRX HF, and use slicks...

Back