D16y8 or d16y5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kross

Im am planning on doing a single jingle build in my ek hatch planning on going all motor and trying to push around 200hp to the wheels which engine would be best i havent been able to find any pistons for the y5 but i have found a motor for 150 bucks without the head but what do yall think?

I like the OBD 1 D16Z6, only because my last engine was the D15B7. The Z6's are the most upgradeable. If you want to get more out of your D16 the best head to use is the Y8 head, had pentroof-style combustion chambers with generous quench zones. This head will raise your compression ratio by a half point. The pistons from a 86-89 Integra motor (D16A1 I Believe)bumps the compression about 3/4ths of a point. If you have a vtec D motor...with these pistons and the Y8 head, this will get you a high 10:1 ratio.......Just something I thought of doing to my Z6, Well I prepare for a B-Series.

Good luck pushing 200whp all motor on a D16- you'll need some pretty exotic hardware/tuning to get there on pump gas. If you are going to try for all motor power though, definitely use the D16Y8 over the Y5.

Back