d16y8 question need help fast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondapowerb16a2

my g/f's 98ex motor took a crap on her and so im puting my old y8 in . hers is an auto and mine is a 5spd so i gotta swap the trannys but i noticed that her intake mani and tb are different than mine. she has a sensor under her tb that i dont have and i have a sensor behind my intake mani that she doesnt have do i have to swap the auto intake mani and tb or can i make the 5spd stuff work? anytone know??? im trying to get it running today for her because she has to work tomorrow and if i have to swap them i am not sure where i can get a i.m. gasket on a saturday cuz honda is closed.

my g/f's 98ex motor took a crap on her and so im puting my old y8 in . hers is an auto and mine is a 5spd so i gotta swap the trannys but i noticed that her intake mani and tb are different than mine. she has a sensor under her tb that i dont have and i have a sensor behind my intake mani that she doesnt have do i have to swap the auto intake mani and tb or can i make the 5spd stuff work? anytone know??? im trying to get it running today for her because she has to work tomorrow and if i have to swap them i am not sure where i can get a i.m. gasket on a saturday cuz honda is closed.

Swap the intake manifolds and TB's as well, the IACV (or EACV, same thing) is built into the TB on autos and is only a 2 wire instead of a 3 wire manual *Which is located on the side of the IM as you said*, it will run like CRAP if you try to run the manual one and will throw a CEL

as far as IM gasket:
Autozone sells them, Napa sells them, Carquest sells them etc etc

yeah thanks, i called napa and they had one so i swap them and got it running with no codes. last time i built a motor i dont think they were that widely availible i always get everything from honda.

Back