D16Y8 Swap Code 91 PROBLEM!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

edub

Anyone run into this issue?
I've swapped a d16y8 into my 97 civic hatch with a p2p ecu it starts but sounds like its misfiring, ive wired in the IACV changed the pins for it on the ecu and its not throwing that code so im pretty sure i did that right.
Next i wired in my VTEC pressure switch etc and added the pins in the ecu.
Now when i start the car it sounds like its missing like a whore, throwing code 22 (vtec system not working which is no biggie i can fix that later) and code 91 (fuel tank pressure switch, low input) ive never heard of this before.
Could this be causing my misfire? not enough fuel?
I also had the intake manifold off when i did this and im thinkin i may have got some coolant into the cylinder, ive changed the oil but if there is still some in there should i let it burn off? there seems to be coolant coming out the exhaust when i start it.
i have spark, timing is ok, never touched it, and i have fuel coming out of the cylinders all of them.

I need some help, should i just let the car idle for a while and see if that fixes it or is there something else wrong???
any help is appriciated.
Thanks.

code 22

hey i have just upgraded my D14 to a D16y8 and am getting a code 22 engine management light is staying on and car will not enter vtec do you know the best way to resolve this
cheers Rob

could be a bad hg for the idle. i dont think your car has a tank pressure sensor. check the spark plugs and do a compression test.

Back