D16Y8 Swap up to B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ExGuy

I have a 97 Civic EX with a siezed engine. I'm not planning on racing it or going crazy looking for HP but I want to know what you guys think as far as simply replacing the D16 or swapping up to a B16. If I hang onto this car for 4 or 5 years will I be able to get a better price for it when I sell it if it has the B16 or will the engine not make much difference since the car is getting pretty old already?

really depends on what your going to do to it i mean i've got a 95 civic coupe lsi that used 2 have a d15b7 from that i have to change to d15z3 vtec e. daint av much power but wanted more i was offered £1000 for the car as it was with that engine so i decided to go bigger im doing a b18c4 conversion right now that means you nid 2 replace things like the driveshafts gearbox power steering pump altinator and what not but its worth it 4 me as i only paid £150 for the car so i would think most likely that id b makin money on it old or not old lolz

If you're going to daily drive the thing, I would go with an LS swap. Not as much power, but better to drive around town. My 99 si (b16) was pretty lethargic at low rpm's. When you go to sell the car, expect maybe 1000 more than if it were stock. This doesn't make up for the 2k you would prolly spend total swapping in a b18. If you only care about making the most economical decision, replace the blown d with another for a few hundred bucks.

...I would go with an LS swap. Not as much power, but better to drive around town.

I'm new to tuners so forgive my ignorance. By "LS" do you mean an engine model or are you talking Limited Slip diff? What makes the LS better for around town driving?

I was also talking to streetimports.com yesterday and they have a full swap H22 for the same price ($2500) as a full swap B16A. I guess the H22 is rated at 200HP vs. 170HP for the B16A. Why would anyone not go with the H22 in the price is the same? The swap includes engine, tranny, ECM, motor mounts, axles, 1/2 shaft.

an ls swap is from an integra ls. Its a b18b 140 hp non-vtec. It has more torque than a b16, and is great for boost, and can be made into 170-180 hp by installing a vtec head. With the h22, you will have to buy aftermarket mounts, axles, and shift linkage, because the prelude ones that come with the swa won't fit.

Yeah the swap includes the proper mounts, axles, etc for my 97 EX. So I guess $2500 is ok then? Or does that seem steep?

if thats everything that you need to bolt in into the car, then yes, thats a good deal.

im trying to do a ls swap in my 98 ex.i got the whole car 95 integra.wut will i need to complete my swap and wut can i usefrom the teg?

I just got my B16A2 Friday and it will be installed this week. According to streetimports.com the B16 is pretty much a drop in replacement. You need appopriate motor mounts and ECM. You may need the wiring harness from the donor vehicle. I believe you also need the half-shafts from the donor since the engine is bigger than the D16.

i just swapped a b16a sirII into a 97 ex, you'll be glad you did it

Help with wiring harness

Can anyone point me to a good description of the wiring harness mods I need to make for this swap? I can't find what I'm looking for by searching.

Back