D16y8 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

freshclive

i've got a 96 hatch dx and wanna do a d16y8 swap ive been all over the net but haven't come up with anything about it for a 96 up civ. i was just wondering what you need to do this swap could i get away with just getting a long block? from what ive read tranny is same just not as aggressive as ex. would i have to replace drivers side engine mounts? or axles? anything on this swap would be real helpful.

:huh:
thanx
-clive

it's a direct drop in swap. all the mounts line up correctly, use the mounts that come from the engine. the only thing you would need to do is wire up the vtec since your car doesn't have it.
there isn't really written on that swap because it's exactly the same as pulling out/dropping in your stocker and it's not really a swap that's worth getting. <-----(that statement depends on the price you're buying the motor for, if you're getting the new motor for like $300-450 than go for it)
why not step up to a B16, your car will love you even more.

rsaeini
thanks for the reply :)
i've got a 00 si already and put about 24 to 28k a year on it and got the hatch as an alternate to break up the mileage, commuting to school and work. the dx is just real boring to drive and i was looking for some cheap altenatives to make it a little more fun. basically iam willing to spend about 1500 the other thing i was thinking about was an ls swap but it seems like b18 long block, tranny, mount, and shift linkage is over that price tag

ohhh, now i see why you wanted that particular engine.

if you plan on doing the swap yourself i bet you can get all of your parts for an LS for under a grand, but you just have to be patient and look hard and wide. look on ebay, thepartstrader.com, and even recycler.com
i got my B16A2 for $1800, it took me about 2-3 months to find it after I started looking...it might take you a little while to find the right motor but i think it'll be worth getting that B18 over that D16 any day.

i can wait .....b18 is definately what i want for it i just didn't think the price could be in that range...thanx for the links.

-clive

Back