d16y8 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pone01

Ok so before any says anything i am putting a z6 head on the d16y8 engine cause i bought this head before i got a complete d16y8 engine. The guy i was buying my block from didnt sell it last minute and i found a complete d16y8 engine. I am just wanting to see if i am missing anything for my swap. So i have a complete z6 head, cams, fuel rail, and intake manifold. I am taking off the head, cams, fuel rail, and intake off of the y8. then bolting mine on. From what i read it should bolt right on. Then i have to wire from spfi to mpfi. and wire in v-tec. Do i need to buy a v-tec controller? And do i need to adjust the gears? What timing belt should i use y8 or z6?

it will run...it just requires some rewiring.

trust me, no obd0 dizzy will run with a obd1 ecu, and vise versa, i know, trust me. been through this. just like no one realized d15b's are obd1 most of the time.

and a y8 is obd0 i believe so. your gonna need your obd0 ecu.

trust me, no obd0 dizzy will run with a obd1 ecu, and vise versa, i know, trust me. been through this. just like no one realized d15b's are obd1 most of the time.

and a y8 is obd0 i believe so. your gonna need your obd0 ecu.

y8 is obd2. and i dont believe you. it doesnt run with stock wiring, but you can rewire it to work.

you can no rewire, you can make a wire jumper, big difference. trust me. no such thing as rewiring a obd0 to run obd1 without a jumper.

wtf....you fail sir. rewiring = making a jumper. and it doesnt have to be a jumper you can splice into wires just fine.

good lord.

yea.. i don't think that's what he was getting at in the slightest.

Back