1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16y8 Swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Motoronbrain, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Motoronbrain

Motoronbrain Junior Member

My girlfriends son has a 86 crx dx with a blown engine. He bought a d16y8 and ecu from one of his friends.My question is has any one done this type of swap before? I am familiar with domestic older stuff but this is a new one for me. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

2. rex2nr

rex2nr Junior Member

can't really be done, not without making yourself a set of mounts. My friend was planning to drop a Z6 in an 87 Si, the mounts are in the wrong spot, and he couldn't find axles that would fit. From what I've heard, the best swap is a brown top ZC from an Integra.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Get a hold of Hasport,they can help,if there is help to be had. Hasport

4. Motoronbrain

Motoronbrain Junior Member

I guess I should get all the facts straight. The engine he has is a d16z6. Sorry for the confussion on my part. Any help with this is great. The motor mounts do not scare me too much because I run a machine shop. The wireing is the one I am not sure of. And the axles not sure of. Thought about donor axles and splindles from a del sol or civic, but not sure of the lenghts. Again I am sorry about the bogus info, please any help with the dicision to do this swap is a big help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted