d16y8 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicvx

wondering if any body can conferm what i need to do to make this possible, i have a p28 ecu, i believe that ecu will work, i will use the orriginal 93 harness and need to change acouple of connector such as injectors.

right now i have the motor in the car but i have a 96-2000 harness, everything works except the important stuff such as spark and feul

Here's two ways you can make this work.
1. You need an OBD2 to OBD1 harness conversion to make that engine run off the P28.
2. You run your stock vx intake manifold, distributor and injectors on your D16Y8 and it will run without the harness coversion.

I ran a D16Y8 in a 92 civic dx off a P06 ecu (92-95 non vtec) with my stock intake manifold, distributor and injectors and it ran fine.

uhhh, wait, I should've answered all of that. You need an obd1 to obd2 conversion harness and a P2P ecu to make that engine run the way it's in your car now.
Or you can swap the afore mentioned stuff and run your current ecu without conversion harnesses.
Sorry.

Back