1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16y8 to d16z6 obd2 and obd1 probelm?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by poloboy4, Jun 4, 2009.

1. poloboy4

poloboy4 New Member

ok here is whats up i have a d16y8 with a blown motor on a 99 ek i bought a z6 and now im having probelms thinking of how im going to wire it up?? i didnt realize the dizzy was diffrent from the y8 block ( i forgot it was also obd1....) so ive been swapping out my y8 stuff to my new z6 motor how can i keep my car obd2??? what can i change on the dizzy? and what all can i change to make it work and start right off?? i think the vtec plug is a little diffrent too. so so far i changed the alternator ac condencer power steering pump and ive took off the intake manifold to replace it with a skunk2 manifold. please help me get this right main problem is dizzy and vtec plug if it will be a probelm with the skunk 2 manifold can i just use the y8 manifold??:confused:

2. MrEK85

MrEK85 New Member

i am doing the same tthing .i have a obd2 car and putting in a obd1 motor. u will have to get a obd2 to obd1 jumper wireharness its like. mines was $140. use the same ecu for the motor and change the injector plugs and the dizzy u whould be good.

3. poloboy4

poloboy4 New Member

I read some magazine and Honda changed dizzy plugs on the 99

4. MrEK85

MrEK85 New Member

i am having the same problem like u ...some guy on this forum helped me out with this. u do need to change the plus and also get a obd2 dizzy or re-wire your obd1 dizzy to obd2.

5. poloboy4

poloboy4 New Member

i want to rewire it but i have a obd2b dizzy? and it changed from 99-00 for the dizzy to not have a engine speed cable on the dizzy? dose any1 know if it will work?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted