d16y8 to d16z6 obd2 and obd1 probelm?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poloboy4

ok here is whats up i have a d16y8 with a blown motor on a 99 ek i bought a z6 and now im having probelms thinking of how im going to wire it up?? i didnt realize the dizzy was diffrent from the y8 block ( i forgot it was also obd1....) so ive been swapping out my y8 stuff to my new z6 motor how can i keep my car obd2??? what can i change on the dizzy? and what all can i change to make it work and start right off?? i think the vtec plug is a little diffrent too. so so far i changed the alternator ac condencer power steering pump and ive took off the intake manifold to replace it with a skunk2 manifold. please help me get this right main problem is dizzy and vtec plug if it will be a probelm with the skunk 2 manifold can i just use the y8 manifold??:confused:

i am doing the same tthing .i have a obd2 car and putting in a obd1 motor. u will have to get a obd2 to obd1 jumper wireharness its like. mines was $140. use the same ecu for the motor and change the injector plugs and the dizzy u whould be good.

i am having the same problem like u ...some guy on this forum helped me out with this. u do need to change the plus and also get a obd2 dizzy or re-wire your obd1 dizzy to obd2.

i want to rewire it but i have a obd2b dizzy? and it changed from 99-00 for the dizzy to not have a engine speed cable on the dizzy? dose any1 know if it will work?

Back