1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16Y8 Turbo Kits

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Prowler, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

I'm planning for summer mods for the Civic. Engine swap is out of the question for several reasons. Mainly my car has only 60K miles and it's good for another 100K.

I can get the Greddy Turbo kit for well under $2000. I know it doesn't include a BOV or intercooler, so that's where my questions start.

How do I put a BOV on? Is there just a universal flange to buy to have aluminum welded to the charge pipes? Also, how would I go about putting on an intercooler? Would I have to do custom piping or does the piping with the kit allow you to put an intercooler in?

If there's a more complete kit for under $2200, please link me. I don't want to do a junkyard setup as it always ends up costing more in the end to do it properly.

Thank you. Please post any relevant pictures, especially of the Greddy kit installed on the D16Y8.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Yup, you just add a flange for the BOV.

Yup, you'll have to run new pipes for the intercooler. There are piping kits out there, but I don't know off the top of my head where. I have seen them before though.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

if you get the setup from a good dealer, you can get the overpriced greddy ic with the gayly routed piping (their ic design sucks) as a package deal most likely.

4. phunky.buddha

:werd:

Although I've seen plenty of people make right at 220whp @ 10-12psi on the Greddy kit.

5. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

are you slow? lol

the greddy kit is cheap, but then add in the price of your piping for the intercooler, the intercooler itself, the BOV, and the flange for said BOV and i think you'd find it cheaper to get your own setup...

dsm turbo, intercooler and bov is one hell of a start, then for budget purposes run an fmu with HP fuel pump, get an oil filter sandwich oil feed, oil feed and return kit, and modify the dsm downpipe to route to your stock exhaust...

6. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

i'll be doing the install myself. i need something that i follow instructions and things will go where they need to go.
    the greddy kit isnt' bad because it includes the injectors (spendy), proper piping, and the emanage computer.

7. phunky.buddha

No. That's with the BOV and IC, but they did use the larger Greddy intercooler that goes with the kit. They added a boost controller to get to the higher pressures too. One guy I know in Miami had it all done for under $4000 including tuning.

8. evo8

evo8 Senior Member

:werd: if you want to go cheap then the dsm turbo(14B), SMIC(or front whichever you prefer), downpipe(with some modification). a manifold that has a flang to fit the 14B, and a dsm BOV from a talon. oil lines, vaccum lines, etc of course

BTW: this is the set up that i am planning on doing for my d16

9. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

to be the pain in the ass here, beerbongskickass has 220whp off his 1000 tuned turbo setup as well.

greddy kit = t3h suck IMO.

10. phunky.buddha

That's true. I'm surprised that his "I wanna buy a turbo kit" and "I wanna run Hondata" bot here on the forum hasn't alerted him to this thread yet. :lol:

11. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

haha, hey if you want a t25, hf mani, ic, 1g dsm bov and probe ic i can sell you some!! If youre only wanting to make around 200whp, then why bother going for a greddy kit, i mean...you can make one yourself with just as good parts (or better) for cheaper...

12. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

for around how much $$$?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted