D16Y8 Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by imlachg1@Nov 8 2003, 02:40 PM
Hondata is way to much $$ for this guy here, I went with the dsm injectors and the safc hack

AFC hack is too much $$$ for this guy here. I went with open-source OBD1 boost code, courtesy of Blake Warner and the collective efforts of PGMFI.org, and a $75 chip burner. Beats the hell out of an AFC that throws your ignition timing all out of wack.

Strange thing is, it's as good as the old Hyundaidata 4B units... and as soon as the RTP boards are finished and a little more user-interface scripting gets done, it will be far better.

And let me just add...

10 psi on a D16Z6 with Greddy 15G kit feels nice. 14 psi feels nicer... I think we're maxing out the compressor though. It's been through three transmissions in the last 25K miles; differential whine is the usual culprit, the transmission can't stand the increased thrust loads, and we busted the shit out of one differential/casing. The driving style on the car is, ah, abusive to say the least so I'm absolutely certain no one else will have that bad of a problem. But D-trannies do suck.

It's my friend Atlee's car, but I do the tuning and it's the primary Uberdata code test guinnea so I consider it mine, thus the "we."

Back