d16y8 turbo??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have just purchased a d16y8, and i would like to boost it pretty soon here. I am wondering if i should rebuild the engine before i boost it and how much of a difference it will actaully make. Im kinda new here so any help would be appreciated. Oh and the engine has about 190 xxx km's.

There isn't one correct answer for this question. It depends on a lot of factors, i.e. how much power you want, what kind of turbo do you plan on using, how much boost, what's the current condition of the motor, etc. Give us more details please...

Well best thing to do is rebuild the engine with di right performace parts to get di right power and torque from the engine Rods, Rod Bolt, Rings Pistons and Cam, Adjustable Cam gear and a nice ball bearing turbo on 15ibs can actually give u 250whp to the wheels.

well i look to get around 250 hp but i will still be satisfied with less. I would like to run around 8-10 psi. Im not sure what turbo i should use...any sugestions? And the motor looks pretty clean, the previos owner was going to rebuild and turbo it to but his planns got changed.....anything else you would like to know?

If 250 wheel horses is your goal, then yes, I'd rebuild and probably throw some stronger internals in as well. If you want the motor to last, that is...

At around that goal, I'd just get some ARP rod-bolts, Heat-treat your rods, forged pistons/rings and have it all balanced and assemble it right with close tolerances. Honda cranks are pretty stout and usually don't give up that easy. Have a good pocket porting on the head with a mild cam. Have your injectors flowed by a reputable shop.

Once you build up a good bottom end, you will be less worried about it later when you add more stuff to it. (you know you will..)

Most important thing is keep it all CLEAN when you build it and if it will sit for a while, Bag it up. You don't want to disassemble it, re-clean and reassemble again.

Just my .02
E

Back