D16Y8 Won't Start Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CX Hatch

I recently installed a Y8 into my 94 hatch, and I can't get it to start. From my blown motor, I used the OBD1 distributor, wiring harness, injectors, and alternator. I know the grounds are hooked up correctly. When I try and start the car, it cranks like it wants to start, but doesn't. The timing is good, I have "decent" spark, but I don't think I'm getting fuel to the injectors, to the rail yes (I'm sure of that), but to the injectors I don't see any fuel coming out when I pull them out while starting the car.

Ok so for sure your not getting fuel but your getting spark well first I'd check to hear the fuel pump kicks on when key is on on, check for CELS if the pump doesn't kick on check main relay

Yeah, I forgot to add that the fuel pump does prime, and the main relay does the single click after the fuel pump is done. So I assume they are both good.

Does anyone know how to check the voltage from the battery ground to the injector harness (or hot wire on the injector)?

Back