D16Y8: Worth the Work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolemnVirus

I currently drive a 97 / Civic EX, First I am looking at a Tranny switch to an Manual, but I was wondering.... for everyday use (with some racing of course.... just on the street) is the D16Y8 worth the work to upgrade, anyone have any horror stories or opposite? I could also save for a better engine such as a B18C1 engine... I have looked into different options, but wanted to see what you more experienced modders had to say on the subject? Also if I was to buy the B18C1 with a tranny, could I or would I have to use that tranny anyways? Keep in mind that I am a nOOb in this area.

Originally posted by SolemnVirus@Jun 24 2003, 12:36 AM
Keep in mind that I am a nOOb in this area.

Well you posted in the wrong forum. You do not have an ef.

Ok, 1st off, I had to read your post about 3 times to understand what you are trying to say. You have the wrong chassis, finding out which one you have would be a good start. Screw doing the auto to manual, go trade it in and get a manual, it's much easier to do. D16Y8 has potential, but I would save for a B series. As for the trannies, if you can get the D series tranny to bolt to a B18C, PM me so I can start making money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back