D16y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wallball123

hey guys,

so i just got a 2000 civic ex with a sohc d16y8 with 45k miles

i have a apexi world series 2 catback exhaust, and tenzo cold air intake

I plan on boosting it , but overall i want to have the car put out a decent amount of power without doing an engine swap (i know foolish me) with
around 180-210 horsepower

do you have any suggestions

like adding intake headers? throttle body? messing with the internals?

i have a budget of around 4-6k

thanks for helping

slap a turbo on it
sell the cold air intake

but now i got to make fun of you... its how i do

A throttle body isnt going to make you much faster lol
Internals are EXPENSIVE, and you probally dont know what your doing
Do a little research you have been a member for like a hour, you cant just make an account and ask a question and expect us to respect it. Do a little research.

But if I were you and didnt want to do a motor swap I would:
go to google and type in 2000 civic turbo kit.
its not going to come with injectors or ecu(sorry engine control unit, which you will need) and some other stuff that you will find through reserch

Yep, turbo it. For that price you should be able to get it done. The stock engine will handle up to 200hp on stock internals. Just be sure to get it TUNED!

Just be sure that you get it tuned. If you need more advice, as long as you are doing your research and not just expecting to get spoon fed, we will be able to help you out. Best of luck. :thumbsup:

That's an inquiry that I have myself. I have heard different prices for different shops. In other words, I have no clue. haha I would call a local shop and ask them. That is what I will be doing when the time comes.

alright so ive been reading some forums and people have been saying that the d16y8 is a weak engine to boost so it can only handle like 7 psi safely

is there any way to up the boost with still having a reliable engine?

alright so ive been reading some forums and people have been saying that the d16y8 is a weak engine to boost so it can only handle like 7 psi safely

is there any way to up the boost with still having a reliable engine?

spend like 10k in internals and still be kind sketchy or get a gsr for like 3 grand (gsr loves boost stock) and buy the turbo and be happy and reliable..

o btw its not all about psi... psi should not even be a goal of yours leave that up to the tuner go to Phearable.net - Electronic Fuel Injection Tuning Solutions - Hondata, Neptune, Crome, Uberdata, Ectune, AEM, Honda Tuning, Widebands, Fuel Pumps, Intercoolers, Turbos, LS/VTEC, ECU Chipping, Chipped Ecus, P28 and find something to fit your needs.

but if you trying to get someone to spoon feed you answers make it atleast seem like you know what you talking about and more people will take you seriously and reply

dammm sounds like getting a swap is more worth it then messing with the internals on the d16

thanks for the tip

edelbrock or greddy is a good setup. Buy a head gasket and arp headstuds and u can run 10lbs all day. Like Luis Said just make sure you get it tuned right. Make sure you either get your computer chipped or just buy an ecu. Theirs no need to swap that motor.

If your willing to pay the $$$ i believe the edelbrock kit would be great for you. The most complete system out there and you should be able to push around what your lookin for.

thats what I spent on my proyect here in costa rica , and I had to pay taxes :eek: for bringing the stuff down here,

B16A JDM @ 10psi , 282whp , 197 torque !, right now is 12psi , I will go to dyno run it in a week or so to see how much more power !

over there in the US it will be a lot less than what I paid here !

Back