d16y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shaun

I have a d16y8 motor and when I stop my car starts to shake. The idle is at .8 at first but then goes down to .2 then goes back up to .8 after five seconds, can anyone tell me what the problem is? When I have a half a tank of gas or more the car , the car doen't do it so what is the problem?

If I get a motor swap do you think that problem will go away or will I have to buy a new fuel pump myself?

an engine swap wont come with a new fuel pump. your fuel pump is located in your tank. id simply buy a new fuel pump. how old is the car? runnin with a low tank of gas will cause premature failure of the fuel pump just to let you know. the gas acts like a coolant for the fuel pump, increasing its longevity.

im not an asshole, but motors are electric and engines are gas.

Originally posted by simplyfast@Dec 8 2003, 02:46 PM
an engine swap wont come with a new fuel pump. your fuel pump is located in your tank. id simply buy a new fuel pump. how old is the car? runnin with a low tank of gas will cause premature failure of the fuel pump just to let you know. the gas acts like a coolant for the fuel pump, increasing its longevity.

im not an asshole, but motors are electric and engines are gas.

HE is right running your car with 2 tea spoons of gas in the tank will cause fuel pump faluire. however just by having a full tank of gas won't cure your problem.

Had the exact same problem in my 94 Accord, and changed the fuel pump. Works perfectly now. Learned my lesson B)

Back