d16y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99civic

I just bought a 1996 del sol d16y8 off ebay for my 99 civic dx. Its been overbored .20in. I did the math and found out that it went from a 1.6 liter to a 1.8l liter. I wanna stroke it. How do you figure out how much liters you get after its stroked. My goal is to get it up to 2.0 liters.

there's no way, 0.20in = 5.08mm.

maybe you mean .20mm or maybe .02in.

and in that case, there's no way you'd be to 1.8 liters.

Originally posted by 99civic@Jan 14 2004, 08:22 PM
I just bought a 1996 del sol d16y8 off ebay for my 99 civic dx. Its been overbored .20in. I did the math and found out that it went from a 1.6 liter to a 1.8l liter. I wanna stroke it. How do you figure out how much liters you get after its stroked. My goal is to get it up to 2.0 liters.

Nope. I don't think so. Whoever you talked to meant 0.020in machinists like to talk in thousandths of an inch here in the States, so he probably just told your guy "I bored it out 20," and the owner interpreted it wrong. There isn't enough room in your block to bore it out 5mm and still retain the stock sleeve. Even if you did have that kind of a setup, you wouldn't be able to run it on the street for very long... not many head gaskets would be very happy running that thin between the cylinders.

0.020in overbore will increase your bore size to 75.5mm and allow you to still use OEM Honda pistons, and it will push your displacement to 1611.7cc. That's nowhere NEAR 1.8L. You gained 21cc, not 200.

:p hahahaha if theres a d16y8 running out there w/ 2.0L thats hilarious. Its a good idea you have but it jus wont happen bro. I think it is possible to make a 2.0 on a D motor but thats if you dont plan on running it :D

Jus install what you got right now. it will run lots better then your old dx. if your looking for power thats not how you get it. jus save your money and turbo that shit
:imgone: :doh:
"All it takes is a little work we know it can be done, make your honda fast 9 sec's is fun "

Back