D16z Turbo Question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

siimiipilicity

wondering if anyone can help me out, i have a 89 civic si hatch with a d16z engine, it also has a t25 turbo installed and other accesiores... my check engine light would come on after about 10 mins. of driving the car, i have put about 4 check valves on the map sensor vaccum line, but someone told me that I would need more. is there something else that is setting off the map sensor code light? what should I do to fix the problem, I also found something on inlinepro.com for the mapsensor problem, but was wondering if anyone knew how that would work?
one other thing,...my rpm sometime is really high, especially when I am on the highway, I'll be at 70mph and the rpm would be around 6k and it looks like it wants to jump back to 4k...sometimes it'll jump back to normal and sometimes it won't. like it wants to go back and fourth, etc. it only does this sometimes..could it be the distributor?
well thanks for anyones help and knowledge on this.

It's probably the boost pressure getting to the map sensor... I had 6 and still got a MAP CEL occasionally.

Get the "missing link" piece that is a one way valve that goes between the manifold and the map sensor. It works wonders. seriously.

aye,..can you explain to me what the "missing link" is? cuz i have no idea. what does it look like and where would i be able to get it at?

missing link = Big Check valve

Buy one, never look back. Endlessly convienient, looks WAY better(though thats not really important), and makes it much easier to work with things above and around the manifold due to lack of check valves(thats whats important).

where can i get that "big check vavle" at?? and also any idea on why my rpm sometimes fluctuates to 6k @ 70mph and goes back to about 4k? it olny does this sometimes, could it be the distributor?

Back