D16z6 Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM Legend

hey im new to the fourm and i have a 95 honda civic ex coup and i was wondering should i just rebuild and boost it or put a b18c1in and i did some research on both i find its hard to put a header on a swapped engine then the stock is there a place i could find a CAI and header for it if i swapped?

For the header issue, it's only harder if the engine is a tight fit. For a B-series swap into a 95 Civic, there shouldn't be any issues. Just buy a header made for the engine, not the chassis.

As for the intake, most aftermarket intakes that are made for the chassis should work, some might require a bit of modification. If you want a perfect fit, bolt-on solution, then look towards AEM or Injen. They both make intakes specifically for swapped cars...

alright so if i put a cai and a header and i turbo the d18z6 would it be close to if i turboed and cai header the b18c1? im thinking not but i saw some videos and d16z6 pulls hard for the smallest engine that honda makes. im just looking at opions

well i was looking at AEm intakes and im kinda confused i found the one for the chassis but it said for the D16z6 engine i dont want to buy it and have it not fit on the engine and only fit in the chassis

alright so if i put a cai and a header and i turbo the d18z6 would it be close to if i turboed and cai header the b18c1? im thinking not but i saw some videos and d16z6 pulls hard for the smallest engine that honda makes. im just looking at opions
It all depends on the size of turbo and such, but I'd say the B18 would bring in more power. That said you would have to build a motor for turbo, and swap. So if you just built the Z6 it would be cheaper in the end.

well i was looking at AEm intakes and im kinda confused i found the one for the chassis but it said for the D16z6 engine i dont want to buy it and have it not fit on the engine and only fit in the chassis

You're really flying your noob flag today. If you plan to turbo, then you skip the cold air intake and header. Neither of those parts get used with a turbo setup...

Back