1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16z6 block with d16a6 head

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 90_EF_Hatch, Nov 29, 2007.

1. 90_EF_Hatch

90_EF_Hatch Señor Member

I finally made up my mind on what i want to do with my car. BUT...

Will an a6 head work on a z6 block. Im using the ecu from the a6 already and i havent done any of the VTEC wiring so can i just put it on???

I decided to repair the head from my old motor (a6) and put it on my z6 so i could then do work on my z6 head (new cams, port and polish, and ____). This is because i drive my car every day and cant put it out of commision for long. I then want to build up my a6 block and do a "Minin Me" conversion with the z6 head while i still have it off.

Does this sound like a decent plan? or does someone see a problem.

Also i need peoples input on parts and what not for my build.

I was planning on using ZEX cams that they make specificaly for a z6, or does anyone else recomend a different brand? Also who should i go to to get my head port and polish done?? Should i do anything else to my head after that? And for my block i wanted to get new pistons for sure, but i am not sure what else i should do to it so im oppen to ideas.

2. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

ok you want a built minie in the end???what are you building for NA or turbo/nitrous???

also whats the budget??
    after i know this i can give you a complete parts list right out of the tuners choice magazine

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted