d16z6 bogs and surges

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

azzkicker222

I have a 94 honda del sol si, I had a few problems with the engine, first it started with the honda idle and it got progressively worse. Then i would put it into gear and it would die when i would give it gas and let the clutch out. After a while of looking for problems like vacuum leaks or other problems it finally through a code, that then lead to me replacing the throttle body since a stock one is expensive. I put in a new blox biliot throttle body with a new tps sensor. The problem go alot better but i am still have troubles, like the car running like crap when cold. And after it gets warmed up gets the honda idle, and sometimes will still bog down, just like with the stock Throttle body with the bad tps sensor. I could not find any vacuum leaks with my new setup and am stumped on what to do. Has anyone else had these problems? I have heard about cleaning the IAC and the FITV sensor is there a guide that will show how to properly do it? Thanks for the help.

Since it is an aftermarket throttle body the fitv was bypassed. I havnt found any vacuum leaks, the surging is very random. idk this is very frustrating. even if i cleaned the IACV would it still run funny?

I called Blox Racing, it could be one of 3 reasons, the valve on the TB is proly not adjusted correctly. The instructions that came with the TB were terrible, it told me to make my own gasket, but the Blox Racing rep told me to get a stock gasket and trim what is not needed. Also, the tps sensor might be over tightened or is not in the right spec bracket, we turned the tps sensor all the way to the lowest voltage side and couldnt get a reading lower than .54 v and we needed to get .45 v any1 know how to get the voltage lower. This is turning out to be alot more work and everything on the new TB is so damn touchy. lol Gotta love Honda's

The tps should be if I can remember, I dont have my trusty book next to me, but it should be set at .45v closed and .5 at full throttle. But you need to make sure you are using the right two wires and the motor turned off. But you might want to check them settings I am getting old and memory going bad lol.

My intake manifold needs to be bored out to fit the new TB, well thats what i was told i have to take it to a performance shop and get it done gonna cost another 250 bucks.

The TB is 70 mm compared to the 56 mm stock. I took my car to King Motorsports there gonna get everything done legit, tune the tps sensor and bore out the intake manifold. They will get it running right i am sick of working on that car.

Back