D16z6 Build Question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I Have a d16z6 with a header,intake,stage 2 exedy clutch and flywheel..what would be a next good move to get more power?and anyone have and advice on how to go upon building one???

thanks devan

If you don't plan on swapping to a dohc, you really have no other choice but to go with a turbo setup.

So next step would be to sell the header and intake and start buying turbo parts.

If you don't plan on swapping to a dohc, you really have no other choice but to go with a turbo setup.

So next step would be to sell the header and intake and start buying turbo parts.

if u dont wana turbo u can get a VACFII and tune it,,,,,thats my set up for now..but im planning to turbo one of these days:D

You mean NOS the brand or nitrous oxide? If you still wanna be slow with a puney shot of n2o, go that route. Otherwise, you will need some time of GOOD forced induction. n2o is really only a good option for V8's.

i meant a good shot of nitrous, i doubt dude is tryin to put down ground breaking hp, if he was, i think he would have swaped awhile back, yeah im sure that puney bit of boost on the stock motor is gonna get him a lot further then nitous

Whats up dude if you want a lil more hp upgrade your pistons and rods take your head off and get shaved,ported, and polished,aslo boored over a bit
put a bigger cam in it, get ajustable came gears, do like 2 in a half exhaust from header back......take the cat off its already vtec but buy a msd rpm actavation switch and a digital peel that way you can set your vtec to come in where ever you want ( i wouldnt go below 4800 ) that should get you rolling and after all that give it a lil shot (50 to a 75 would be good) run 93 always....

ahh jus sell your set up, im sure you can get enough for an ls swap, from there the sky is the limit

swap

i got the motor for $300 the stage 2 clutch and 8 1/2 pound flywheel for $150 the header for $80 and the tranny for $100..i wanted an LS but this motor had an auto tranny on it and only had 110,ooo miles on it..no smoke at all..this old guy rolled his car in the snow and :mellow:..so i mean old guy with an auto tranny #300 was a steal..but i did not get the p28 running a pr4..how much it cost to shave the head????and how much of a poer gain?

Back