D16Z6 build????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

solman93si

Hello everybody. I'm new to the Honda tuning scene. I worked in a Honda dealership for 6 years, but never have dealt with performance mods. I have a 93 DelSol SI with a D16Z6. I know that a lot of people say to swap a B series engine into it, but I would like to know what the possibilities of building 200hp NA with the D16Z6. I don't want anything too crazy, but I would like to build an all around performance car, but want it to be fun to drive. I have found 10.5:1 pistons, cam, valvetrain components, ITB setup and header. Anybody who can give me advice or tell me whether I am on the right track or if I am wasting my time with the D? Anything would be helpful and appreciated.

yeah it's possible. but of course the easiest way to make big numbers is going with a turbo or super charger. it wouldn't even be that much to do it..well if you build you own turbo kit

200 at the crank or at the wheels? As stated, it'll be easier to get it through forced induction (and cheaper too most liekly) than to get it NA.

It depends on what you mean by wasting your time, as in money spent to get the single to 200whp (i'm guessing you mean to the wheels) vs swaping to the b and going 200whp both N/A. I see you said you didn't want to do anything to crazy, but it is going to take a nice little investment to hit that number with a single N/A, and a lot of people might tell you to just go with the B.
If you stay the course however, you should end up with a reliable and pretty quick single, and you can check off that fun to drive part too, but for a price...
With the B, you'll have to spend the money for the swap first, then start building to 200, which isn't really that hard with the B, but i see you already have some D parts, (kudos for the itbs)
In your case, not knowing your budget, i would say stick with the d, just my 2 cents.

I would say stick with the D too and go boost. You may spend the same money or even less boosting the engine than Na

ITBs can be finicky unless you've got somebody experience to tune them. I'd say go with a turbo setup instead...

Back