1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16z6 build

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 9000_red, Sep 30, 2004.

1. 9000_red

9000_red Junior Member

i was hoping to get a few tips from you guys on building my d16z6. i'm swapping it from 95 ex into my 93 dx. before i do the swap i'd like to not only do some maintenance on the 80k motor, but hopefully get some more na power out of it. i have the motor pulled and put it on a stand, and now i'm just trying to find as much info as i can on what other people have done to get 150-170 hp, or more... what are some good internals/bolt-ons/machine work/ i should look in to? any input at all is appreciated!!

2. CRseX84

CRseX84 Senior Member

internals- upgrade the cam - hard core internals-vavles retainers
    bolt ons- intake mani. exhaust mani, 12lb flywheel,
    machine work - valve job
    and lastly - TURBO!!

3. beerbongskickass

beerbongskickass Senior Member

I would just upgrade the basic stuff like water pump, timing belt, oil pump, spark plugs, cap, rotor, oil, coolant, filters, etc... Then just turbo your stock motor. You can make a lot of power on stock internals.

4. 9000_red

9000_red Junior Member

i'd really like to go na though... maybe nitrous, but mostly motor. should i go skunk2 or endyn or someone else for internals??

5. beerbongskickass

beerbongskickass Senior Member

I like endyn and cp brand pistons, but have no personal experiance with either. I think the next motor I build will have some cp pistons though. My buddy's girlfriends car has endyn roller wave pistons (fully built h22) and it made 346hp @ 10 psi, so the pistons are defintely capable. Eagle rods are cheap and should work well for you ( I will proly go pauter cause I am looking for massiv horsepower). A lot of people like the ZEX 59300 cam and I think on my next built motor I am going to give it a try. As far as intake manifold I have been looking at the edelbrock, AIR carbon fiber, or just a custom sheet metal intake. I will more than likely be going through endyn when I have my head rebuilt, pnp, etc... I will do a lot more research once I am ready to actually build the motor, but this is my plan so far.

6. 9000_red

9000_red Junior Member

that sounds like some useful information. is it pretty expensive to have endyn go through the head? they definately would be the people to do the job right...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted