d16z6 build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

9000_red

i was hoping to get a few tips from you guys on building my d16z6. i'm swapping it from 95 ex into my 93 dx. before i do the swap i'd like to not only do some maintenance on the 80k motor, but hopefully get some more na power out of it. i have the motor pulled and put it on a stand, and now i'm just trying to find as much info as i can on what other people have done to get 150-170 hp, or more... what are some good internals/bolt-ons/machine work/ i should look in to? any input at all is appreciated!!

internals- upgrade the cam - hard core internals-vavles retainers
bolt ons- intake mani. exhaust mani, 12lb flywheel,
machine work - valve job
and lastly - TURBO!!

I would just upgrade the basic stuff like water pump, timing belt, oil pump, spark plugs, cap, rotor, oil, coolant, filters, etc... Then just turbo your stock motor. You can make a lot of power on stock internals.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Sep 30 2004, 07:12 PM
I would just upgrade the basic stuff like water pump, timing belt, oil pump, spark plugs, cap, rotor, oil, coolant, filters, etc... Then just turbo your stock motor. You can make a lot of power on stock internals.
[post=396914]Quoted post[/post]​

i'd really like to go na though... maybe nitrous, but mostly motor. should i go skunk2 or endyn or someone else for internals??

I like endyn and cp brand pistons, but have no personal experiance with either. I think the next motor I build will have some cp pistons though. My buddy's girlfriends car has endyn roller wave pistons (fully built h22) and it made 346hp @ 10 psi, so the pistons are defintely capable. Eagle rods are cheap and should work well for you ( I will proly go pauter cause I am looking for massiv horsepower). A lot of people like the ZEX 59300 cam and I think on my next built motor I am going to give it a try. As far as intake manifold I have been looking at the edelbrock, AIR carbon fiber, or just a custom sheet metal intake. I will more than likely be going through endyn when I have my head rebuilt, pnp, etc... I will do a lot more research once I am ready to actually build the motor, but this is my plan so far.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Oct 1 2004, 02:06 PM
I like endyn and cp brand pistons, but have no personal experiance with either. I think the next motor I build will have some cp pistons though. My buddy's girlfriends car has endyn roller wave pistons (fully built h22) and it made 346hp @ 10 psi, so the pistons are defintely capable. Eagle rods are cheap and should work well for you ( I will proly go pauter cause I am looking for massiv horsepower). A lot of people like the ZEX 59300 cam and I think on my next built motor I am going to give it a try. As far as intake manifold I have been looking at the edelbrock, AIR carbon fiber, or just a custom sheet metal intake. I will more than likely be going through endyn when I have my head rebuilt, pnp, etc... I will do a lot more research once I am ready to actually build the motor, but this is my plan so far.
[post=397195]Quoted post[/post]​

that sounds like some useful information. is it pretty expensive to have endyn go through the head? they definately would be the people to do the job right...

Back