D16z6 bulid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civichatch

I have a 92 civic hatch, 1.6 vtec d16z6, i want to bulid the motor up a lil bit and i wanted to know if anyone had any advice on what i should do i dont want to spend thousands and thousands but you know, i have a emotor t3t4 turbo and intercooler but thats it what else would be good to complete the turbo kit? id appreciate you in fo kinda new to honda engines

If you're new to this, I'd advise against turbocharging anything for awhile. You need to do lots of research on how an engine functions so you can better understand why you would upgrade certain parts to achieve a certain goal.

If you really want to do this, stick with your stock D16z6. Throw the turbo setup on there and have it tuned by a professional. Make sure that there's no oil leaks etc before you take it to the tuner. Running more power places more stress on the bearings, so any little oil leak can lead to disaster.

What turbo and intercooler do you have?

i have a jdm sport intercooler, emotors t3t4 turbo, anda jdm sport wastegate my car clubs helpin me out gettin the bov and the turbo manifold and the piping soon, but what the highest psi i can go on that,( i have a cold air, 2.5 no cat exhaust to), what size injectors do you recommend. and ecu wise my brothers got a hondata s100 i like it , but cant afford it so im gonna use chrome i think. and hes got a 99 si b16a2 with the same turbo on 10 lbs hes pushin 315 hp, you think i can get anywhere near that with mine?

I have one recommendation for you. Ditch that JDM Sport wastegate and grab a TiAL sport or a decent gate. eBay wastegates have been known to spike and cause your engine to run lean, which is harmful. If you're shooting for 250-300hp a set of 450cc injectors will do just fine. PSI wise just run whatever makes the power goal you want..

ok thanks bro, so the waste gate is garbage , my buddys got a fab shop he said he could sleeve it but what exactly would that help

If you sleeve the engine, I'm assuming you're adding a decent piston and rod combination, which would basically mean you have a fully built block. With the proper combination of other parts, you could easily see 400+whp with decent tuning.

Back