d16z6 cel.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

etccatz

ok got three questions. one is my check engine light is on and i have no idea how to pull the codes?? its a d16z6 with a p28 in a 95 civic dx. also i was goin to wire vtec and the open holes on the cannon for the wires were filled so i just hard wired it straight to the ecu. is that ok?? and do i splice into the solenoid wire and the vtec oil wire or cut them off and crimp the wires that im runnin to the ecu?? thank you guys ahead of time. oh yeah and i did search for this stuff and didnt find anything but un-answered questions.

well the reason your cel is on is because your vtec isnt hooked up. to check the codes look under the glovebox area and theres a plug that i do believe is green. just run a jumper wire and count the flashes. look in the reference section for the codes. the holes shouldnt be filled on the cannon plug that runs from the ecu to the shock tower but yes its alright to wire it right to the ecu and you should splice into the wires.

ok vtect is spliced into and i still got the cel?? so that green plug under the glove box. do you mean jump it with like a light tester or and led light??? where do i count the flashes from??

do you have a repair manual cause it helps a lot and tells you exactly how to do it. there are two places on the plug were something would plug into it and you just get a small piece of wire and run it from on plug to the other and count how many times the cel on your dash flashes. does your vtec even engage?

see thats the problem. its a d series so i heard that you really cant tell unless you have a tac. but when i went and drove it the other day it seemed like when it higher rpms it the tinny coffee can exhaust note shot up real quick. so i would guess so?? i have a haynes manuel, it tells you how to do it in there??

ok i was able to pull the codes. i got a 3 map sensor, 8 tdc position, 15 ignition output. now the question is what is the most common problem when these three codes come up?? in the haynes there is like 10 things per section. so im just wonderin what is the most common problem??

used the one on the throttle body. i didnt even know there was one on the firewall?? and yeah it is hooked up.

yeah there is one some but im not too sure wat all they came on. i know mine did at least. well try getting a new and check the codes again

alright im gonna get a new map sensor and then im gonna pull the codes. other than that im just gonna read the haynes and see what is all in the chapters for the other two and hope i can figure shit out. thank you for the help.

Back