d16z6 chiped PO6 problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

8ballsin

when i hooked up the new ecu the car will rev up to 7000 rpms and die it was made for my car except it was tuned for 550 injectors and i havent put them in yet would that be the cause of that and the 2nd question is i put the old PO6 ecu bake in now the car over heats in a matter on a minute the fan dont work temp gauge dont work and it will not rev up past 3000 rpms any ideas i really need help

Yeah that would be a serious problem. Whoever made the chip probably used the fuel calculator to change the injector size from stock to 550cc injectors. What this means is the injector duty cycle and pulse have been pulled back, so you are starving your engine of fuel from using the smaller injectors. You could have already damaged your engine if you were driving it hard.

Also what kind of injectors are your running? Saturated or peak and hold? If you are running saturated injectors you will not need a injector resistor box. If there is a resistor box hooked up with saturated injectors it will not work correctly and can be the cause of the problem also.

Yeah that would be a serious problem. Whoever made the chip probably used the fuel calculator to change the injector size from stock to 550cc injectors. What this means is the injector duty cycle and pulse have been pulled back, so you are starving your engine of fuel from using the smaller injectors. You could have already damaged your engine if you were driving it hard.

havent drove it yet

Also what kind of injectors are your running? Saturated or peak and hold? If you are running saturated injectors you will not need a injector resistor box. If there is a resistor box hooked up with saturated injectors it will not work correctly and can be the cause of the problem also.

with the resistor box

Back