D16Z6 for B16A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ibanezplayer

Attempting to preform this, I am currently in the process of purchasing the B16 engine, besides the obvious, purchasing engine mounts etc. I was wondering if I am going to need a new transmission or if my existing one will work?

My D16 has started knocking, and it appears as though I may be able to acquire a B16 for cheaper then rebuilding the D16.

d series dont work for b-series...or visvera i mean i dont think im missin anything but u can use a b18a1 or b20 tranny and also anyother b-series trann's

The B20 transmission is set up for all-wheel drive, so he can't use that. The gearing sucks on it anyway...

most all B-series parts are interchangeable within the family, as well as D-series. you can't cross B and D series together. it just won't work. gotta keep it in the family.

if you're looking for a tranny, find yourself an LSD. you'll be happier in the long run. otherwise get a B16 or b18 tranny.

if you're looking for a tranny, find yourself an LSD. you'll be happier in the long run. otherwise get a B16 or b18 tranny.

What does that statement even mean? An LSD is not a transmission, it's a transmission part. The term means "limited slip differential." All transmissions have differentials, but not all of them have limited slip differentials.

Some B16 and B18 transmissions have LSDs. Others do not. I just wanted to clarify this because it sounds like you're confused...

What does that statement even mean? An LSD is not a transmission, it's a transmission part. The term means "limited slip differential." All transmissions have differentials, but not all of them have limited slip differentials.

Some B16 and B18 transmissions have LSDs. Others do not. I just wanted to clarify this because it sounds like you're confused...

Yes i know what an LSD is. I also know that there are some B-series trannies out there that came stock with an LSD are are stamped LSD on them, hence get yourself an LSD tranny.

damn you guys really like to pick people's posts apart.

Yes i know what an LSD is. I also know that there are some B-series trannies out there that came stock with an LSD are are stamped LSD on them, hence get yourself an LSD tranny.

damn you guys really like to pick people's posts apart.

Sorry if I seemed harsh there, but go reread your post again. It does sound confusing...

was it the first in the us???? cuz thats the earliest ive ever seen. and what does the first and second gen look like.

Click that Wikipedia link. It has pictures of all the generations. I'm pretty sure all of them came out in the US. I've seen 2nd-gen ones personally...

was it the first in the us???? cuz thats the earliest ive ever seen. and what does the first and second gen look like.

The 2nd-gen looks a lot like the 3rd-gen, just a little more primitive. It's kind of like comparing the 1st and 2nd-gen CR-X...

i have a b-series tranny with lsd i'll trade you for your d-series tranny, as long as its a manual tranny. i just dont have the half-shaft you'll need to get for it.

Back