d16z6 gone wrong?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

somethingclever

k, swapped a d16z6 into a 96 dx civic, used the intake, injectors, tb, alternator, and computer from d16y7, fuel pump doesnt come on with ignition, 12 volts through black/yellow wire into distributer but no fire. should i ditch the p2e and go for the p28 or should i just call it quits, have had nothing but pure hell with this car :blink: any help would be greatly appreciated.

i would convert to OBD1 and run the P28...

did you do any research on this swap?

you're using an OBD1 distributor with an OBD2 ecu?

i used the obd1 dizzy cuz my obd2 off the di6y7 is different, wont bolt up. i tried the obd1 harness in the car and thats when my problems started. everyone told me to go back to obd2. and no i didnt do much research on this swap, thought it would be fairly simple, lol how wrong i was! also had a friend try the dizzy out on his 95 ex, ran on his car. i think im just jinxd :blink:

ok first of all the z6 is out of the 92-95 ex so its obd1, what you need is a obd2 vtec dizzy and use your obd2 harness. add wires for vtec and your done. you can use the non-vtec ecu for now till you get a 96-00 civic ex ecu.

Back