d16z6 has no spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16a eg

so we just swapped in a d16z6 into my friends 90 civic si and we have no spark. he ordered a obd 1 conversion from rywire.com so im pretty sure we got everything. the fuel pump pumps fuel to the injectors but there is no spark. any ideas?

yeah it turns over and everything. just no spark. theres nothing wrong with the motor either it was my motor and i sold it to him after i got a b16 and it ran when we took it out

any ideas any one? i'll give you guys a full rundown of what we used so maybe its easier. we used the 90's wiring harness since i used the d16z6's on my car. we had to use the 90's injectors since the z6 injectors didnt fit the harness. we ordered a new icm. order the conversion harness from rywire. we're using the z6 ecu. and i think thats all we changed. we checked the coil earlier and it seemed to be okay. so i dont know what could be wrong

what are we supposed to check with the ecu? we are using the z6 ecu, if that makes a difference....

Back