d16z6 head build Q

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

file-error

keep this short and sweet, with 11.5 cr how aggresive should i make the head?

its a d16 z6

trust me ill afford it if i want it:D, is it possible to over build it and lose hp because of my high cr, was looking at stage 3 on exospeed.com but im not sure thats how i want to go, might do it myself in the garage

im toying with the idea of itb's but not dead set on them. do i have to make that decision now when building the head or does it not matter

Last edited:
looking into a gude race head for a thousand, they are running a stock block with this head and getting high 11's with race gas and slicks, how street worthy do you think this head would be

werd. if youre going through major metro traffic as part of your daily driving, 11.5:1, giant cams, and a super highflow head isnt really what you want. Its gonna have a lumpy idle, and more than likely no low end power.

If youre younger, and the only thing you do is drive to school and to work (non-rush hour) go for it. Just be aware you might hate yourself if you have to drive through any major traffic.

i go to work at 5 in the morning so i might as well be on the autobahn, once in a while i catch traffic on the way home, if it gets to the point that i cant use it as a daILY driver then ill buy a daily driver. i was thinking about a new cam but what will that give 5 to 10 hp, not worth it to me. i rather take a head and open it up you know. im interested in learning the s300, i think with a full race head ill learn alot about tunning.

as far as the itb's , well after going to the drift race yesterday and seeing the all moters with them, well lets just say they got me a little hard , so im deff going to go with the itbs. this z6 is my practice moter, i plan on putting a boosted f23 in the car maybe a year from now. :D

the head is a perfect mini me have it port and polished and cam gear and titanium retainers and a more agressive cam for more lift and a longer duration;)

the head is a perfect mini me have it port and polished and cam gear and titanium retainers and a more agressive cam for more lift and a longer duration;)

Keep up the great work. I know you would keep with a n/a b16.

Back