d16z6 head on a obd0 1.5 block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaElite

i want to mini me my coupe..as of right now i have a 1.5 vtec-e or d15z1..i want a mini me cuz the d15z1 is pointless unless its for gas milage lol..so the question is can i use the d16z6 head on a obd0 1.5 block?..thanks for veiwing/helping

i want to mini me my coupe..as of right now i have a 1.5 vtec-e or d15z1..i want a mini me cuz the d15z1 is pointless unless its for gas milage lol..so the question is can i use the d16z6 head on a obd0 1.5 block?..thanks for veiwing/helping

I think you're confused dude. If your car is a 92 then it is OBD1. All 92-95 Civics are.

I think you're confused dude. If your car is a 92 then it is OBD1. All 92-95 Civics are.

he said the block is obd0 not the head

and it does not matter obd for blocks, just the head
so use the ecu from the z6 head

he said the block is obd0 not the head

and it does not matter obd for blocks, just the head
so use the ecu from the z6 head

No, reread it. He said the OBD0 engine is a D15Z1, which is the 92-95 Civic VX motor. There was no OBD0 single-cam VTEC motor, at least not in the States (and not ever, to my knowledge). If the 1.5 liter he has is actually a D15Z1, then it's already set up for OBD1.

But like you said, it doesn't really matter. He just needs to use the Z6 head and ECU. Since his car is already wired for OBD1 though, that will make things even easier.

No, reread it. He said the OBD0 engine is a D15Z1, which is the 92-95 Civic VX motor. There was no OBD0 single-cam VTEC motor, at least not in the States (and not ever, to my knowledge). If the 1.5 liter he has is actually a D15Z1, then it's already set up for OBD1.

But like you said, it doesn't really matter. He just needs to use the Z6 head and ECU. Since his car is already wired for OBD1 though, that will make things even easier.

my bad, yeah your right

no no..sorry i have the d15z1 in my car which is 0bd1...i have a spare block its a d15 from a crx which=obd0.....im asking to do it with the 0bd0 block only because i heard that i cant use the 1.5 vtec block...i heard that the d16z6 head will lower my compression to much...and make it pointless..is it true? so basicly which block should i use?? thanks guys and sorry for the confusement

I would read about this too. there have been a million mini me topics, but anyways find a z6 head and yes you can run obd-1 with an obd-0 block. What mods do you have on the car?

Back