D16z6 head with D15b2 botom end

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Carnage

I just pulled out my D16z6 from my 90 hb because it was getting piston slack or something, i had 3 pistons with bad compresion. Now my question, i have a good D15B2 botom end in my garage. Im wondering if i can still get some decent power out of that D15b2 botom end with the d16z6 head. I just had the head sent out to the shop, to get resurface with new valve guide and 3 angle vavle job.I heard that you get higher comp ratio with this setup. Im runing all PM3 ecu,dis, and intake.

I just want to know if anyone ever did a setup like this and got decent power out of it.

My experience with the d15 mini-me is that it doesn't deliver the way it seems like it ought to. You think, well, it's a 90 hp motor, add a higher CR and a vtec head, I oughta get 120 or so, right? It just doesn't work out that way. If you were to get an A6 block, it works out differently, but everyone that I've ever talked to who did that swap has been disappointed due to the effort, work, and cost of doing it. I'd say to look around for a set of z6 pistons or a complete z6. You can probably find one that somebody ditched in favor of a dohc B-series. Call the shops around you and see what they have lying on the chop floor. I bought my Z6 complete for $450 and I feel like I should have done better. Just my $0.02.

i have heard good and bad. My friend had the set up and he did put down 126 whp with the d15 bottom end. my girlfriends a6 bottom end shot a rod so it is now replaced with a d15 bottom end and i noticed a difference in the tq. not to mention we used a 2 layer gasket but still she was happy with it. The only advice you should take is advice you can make by trying diffent things. Try it and if you dont like it change it. Trial and error is my best friend

Back