D16z6 in 88 4dr dynoed 102hp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fabtoys

So I swapped in a d16z6 w/ si trans into my 88 civic 4dr 24 hours of lemons race car .I got it dynoed it and it was 102 hp . It seemed kinda low ,it has cold air intake in the interior ,Header 2" exhaust and a borla muffler no cat. I got this honda hot rod book and they show all these dyno runs with my same combo getting 125hp.

So I bought another 4dr and it is a 90 lx with dpfi and this thing feels as fast as the racecar.92 hp is what they say from honda.

So if anyone has had there z6 dynoed,post what you got and your mods

thx

I guess the dyno used would also make a difference. but they showed stock z6 showing 100hp then the did I/H/E and was getting 126 hp. When I installed the z6 and obd0-obd1 changeover I had a dyslexic guy pinout all the wrong stuff so I was just making sure it was right.I have a a bouncing tach issue so that is what is making me wonder.

No way your getting an extra 25 to the wheels from an I/H/E. Get that wiring checked out, that might help too.

New issue of Import Tuning shows a 15Hp increase from bolt-ons on a D16a6 in a 88 CRXsi. Intake,cat-back and Header. baseline was 100 to the wheels and finshed out with 116 WHp.

Your Z6 sounds like somethings going on with it, maybe outta time a tooth?

Start with the easy things:
Airfilter
Spark plugs/wires
Oil level
Timing

It's very probably that you need to retune as well.

New issue of Import Tuning shows a 15Hp increase from bolt-ons on a D16a6 in a 88 CRXsi. Intake,cat-back and Header. baseline was 100 to the wheels and finshed out with 116 WHp.

I doubt he'll get those numbers from the $40 header, $15 intake, and $125 catback he got off ebay.

Maybe, and I mean MAYBE, if they were dyno tested name brand stuff like AEM, DC, Apexi etc...you could see those numbers.

I also wonder if they used a load based dyno.

Who is the author of this "Honda Hot Rod" book? I've honestly never heard of any big-name tuners or builders publishing a book btw.

Back