d16z6 in 89 dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dominicano

alright i got an 89 dx 4 dr and people around here keep telling my itd be pointless to swap a d16z6 into a 4 dr and to go b-series so i cant get much help aorund here. my ?s are, im getting the complete engine minus injectors and udp for $200, now someone told me to use the d16z6 intake mani and put si injectors in it, use the si dizzy and either 89 teg ecu or d16a6 si ecu. and ive also heard i could use the d16z6 intake mani and dizzy and use either teg ecu or d16a6 ecu. now can someone clarify for sure. also someone told me i cant use either of those ecus and to use the d16z6's ecu cos the non-vtec ones wont compensate for fuel when vtec kicks in, is this true or what? thanx in advance...

if you use the a6 ecu, you have to modify the bracket on the a6 distributor to use on the z6 motor. then you have to get a seperate vtec controller. if you use the z6 ecu, you will have vtec built in on the p28 ecu. but you have to use the z6 distributor. with the p28, you will have to get a harness adaptor from hasport. if you want an ecu that will plug up and have vtec you can use a pr3. you can use eather intake manifold on either motor, but you cant mix injectors and thier ecus. or so ive heard. hope this clears it up for you.

You use the injectors for the obd of the ecu you are using. Gzo to that link, it will clear a lot of stuff up.

Back