d16z6 in 93 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spook001

I'm about to drop a d16z in my coupe
I know I could do better but I found a cheap motor and I just want to get my car running
I had a d15z1 not a d15b7
Will everything off my old motor like distributor, alternator, starter, match up to this one or what?
And will a p28 ecu work on this
any input will help
Thanks

d15z1?!?!?!

yes, a p28 will work, you will need to do wiring and such for vtec, not sure on electronics and ish, but alternator and starter "should" work, all theory cuase i dunno what the hell a d15z1 is...

ah, a vx motor, yea alt and starter should be good to go...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 11 2005, 03:25 PM
d15z1?!?!?!

yes, a p28 will work, you will need to do wiring and such for vtec, not sure on electronics and ish, but alternator and starter "should" work, all theory cuase i dunno what the hell a d15z1 is...

ah, a vx motor, yea alt and starter should be good to go...
[post=459638]Quoted post[/post]​

d15z1 is some bull i wish i still didn't know what it was
never get one

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 11 2005, 04:07 PM
Change out the O2 sensor or convert it... or use it with a wideband to start tuning your car. :)
[post=459677]Quoted post[/post]​

not trying to be fuuny are anything but i
don't know what your talking about
convert it how

Your o2 is a 5 wire that will not do the plug and thing with your intended swap. So you need to do one of the three options you were given. Assuming you have a Civic VX.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 11 2005, 04:41 PM
Your o2 is a 5 wire that will not do the plug and thing with your intended swap. So you need to do one of the three options you were given. Assuming you have a Civic VX.
[post=459701]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a 93 Civic DX
I just had a vx motor in it
do i still need to convert the o2

Originally posted by spook001@Feb 11 2005, 03:48 PM
I have a 93 Civic DX
I just had a vx motor in it
do i still need to convert the o2
[post=459707]Quoted post[/post]​

Now that's a bit more difficult. Which ECU were you using to run the VX engine? If you changed everything over and were using the VX ECU and wired the O2 sensor to match (doubt it) then you'll have to convert it back to the way it was to run the P28 ECU. If you were just running the car's original DX ECU with the VX engine, then you'll be fine leaving it the way it is.

Back