1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16Z6 in a 1990 CRX HF

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by MaliWho97, Sep 9, 2003.

1. MaliWho97

MaliWho97 Senior Member

Hey guys, I have an HF, I pulled the motor, scrapped it, it was junk. I purchased a D16Z6 from a friend, and I was wondering how the injector harness plugs into the harness by the passenger side firewall. Also, what computer should I use? I figured a PR3 or a PW0 comp since they are OBD0 VTEC computers, but a guy told me I need to use the P28. Can someone please steer me in the right direction. Thanks!

2. jshubin

jshubin Junior Member

youll need the feul injector resistor box off an 88 -up SI or others you can get
    one for about 20 bucks then search around for the wiring procedure remember you also have to wire it to the ecu if i find my old diagram i will send it to you

3. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

I am pretty sure the hf has a resistor box. The dxes do not.

What did you do with the fuel injector plugs from your hf engine? They should fit the new injectors.

4. MaliWho97

MaliWho97 Senior Member

Alright, My CRX HF is a 1990 model, which makes it OBD-0. The Injector harness on the D16Z6 is from an OBD-1 car. Should I Use an OBD-0 Injector harness and wire in the VTEC w/ the MSD RPM switch, or should I get the firewall to ECU harness from an OBD-1 car? The OBD1 Firewall to ECU harness connects to a bunch of wires under the drivers side dash, and I don't want to cut. I'd like to go OBD-1 because I want to use the P28 computer. If it is easier staying OBD-0, I'll get a PW0 or PR3 computer. From those who are experienced in this, please give me your opinions. Thanks.

5. MaliWho97

MaliWho97 Senior Member

BUMP............. Need some help!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted