d16z6 in a 89 crx hf?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicsi9295

need some help... I have a hf and I also have a d16z6 is there any info on this swap im having difficulty finding it if there is. I mostly need help with the wiring. I have a hf harness in good condition and I have a a6 harness which isnt in as good condition... which should I use? any info would be greatly appreciated.

how hard is vtec to hook up? its just 4 wires right? I'll find a diagram of the vtec wiring and hard-wire the solenoid into the vtec ecu? right?

the engine I believe is obd1 the distributor is obd0, the person who had it last rigged it so that the engine could be used using the old distributor... he said it ran. I think I may have gotten myself into a big mess. Anymore Ideas?

so obd1 is far better than obd0? In which case I need to find a obd1 distributor cause the z6 that I have has the obd0 dizzy bolted to the motor. Is this right? the way the guy who owned this motor before me had this hooked up makes no sense to me. He had the obd0 dizzy bolted to the z6 but still used the stock z6 injectors... is there anyway to make this motor run using this setup? He said it ran but was using the p06 ecu with the obd0 dizzy and obd1 injectors with a d16y8(i believe thats it whatever the next generation is after a 92-95 sohc vtec) wiring harness. thank you all for the ideas thus far... keep em' coming!

well that takes all the guesswork out of this swap for me... thanks for all the help.

Unlike matters philosophical and political, I am always 100% in agreement with Blanco technically.

I sat down and independently configured a best-of-breed engine for my 91 Civic hatch and I came up with his car. I tend to value his opinion in that regard.

IMO, Make use as to what you got already. if you have the 4G MPFI ECU ( PM6 ) and MPFI harness and the Z6 has OBD-0 distributor your all set. The only thing would be your ecu needs to be chipped to better fuel map mostly when Vtec engages. as for VTEC engagement you can get an MSD RPM switch if not save the money for VAFC and more go fast goodies. If you need more info on the PM6 Race chip just PM me.
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69739

ok another quick question... I was told here recently that in order to do the obd1 swap you have to remove and change the under-dash wiring harness. The way I had understood it was all I had to change was the wiring harness that is on the engine side of the firewall. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
IMO, Make use as to what you got already. if you have the 4G MPFI ECU ( PM6 ) and MPFI harness and the Z6 has OBD-0 distributor your all set. The only thing would be your ecu needs to be chipped to better fuel map mostly when Vtec engages. as for VTEC engagement you can get an MSD RPM switch if not save the money for VAFC and more go fast goodies. If you need more info on the PM6 Race chip just PM me.
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69739

This is the incorrect way to run your motor. I advise against this.

Do you want your motor to run or do you want your motor to run properly?

Quoted post[/post]]
ok another quick question... I was told here recently that in order to do the obd1 swap you have to remove and change the under-dash wiring harness. The way I had understood it was all I had to change was the wiring harness that is on the engine side of the firewall. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Well, if the smog Ref told you that, that's what you have to do. Otherwise, all you need is a conversion harness. Check out RyWire.com, they've got you covered for your OBD swap. I bought most of my stuff from them, their customer service is outstanding, they have fast shipping, do great work, and I highly recommend them.

I just did this conversion, it's really easy bro.

nope no smog ref to worry about, not in alabama
:) thanks for all the info.

Back