D16Z6 in Civic 4th gen.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Meethos

Hello all Honda fans.

I am there new, but not new in Honda ;-)

I have question about D16Z6 swap into Civic 4th generation. I am finding the simplest way how to swap it. I can take everythink from Civic 5th gen. sedan ESI for this.

What is simplest in this case? Take complete wiring from 5th gen. or use original wiring from 4th gen. (original engine is D15B2) with some reduction between DPFI OBD0 to OBD1 (have you some tips, where to buy this reduction).

What else i should take from 5th gen ? Engine, transmision (or i can use original from D15B2), ECU, Axis ... ?

Thank you for help
Petr from Czech republic.

the simplest way to convert the wiring is to use the engine harness that came in the car and purchase an OBD0 to OBD1 ECU jumper harness which allows you to use the P28 ECU - the OBD0 to OBD1 jumper from Boomslang has the wiring built in to convert from DPFI to MPFI which makes it real simple - go here: OBD0 to OBD1 Conversion Harnesses and go down to the box in the middle and select DPFI OBD0 to OBD1 - $150 - this is the jumper harness you need

you will need to make a couple of other wiring changes to the engine harness:

1. you need to install OBD1 distributor connector onto the D15B2 harness and use the D16Z6 distributor

2. the D15B2 engine has the cooling fan switch on the back of the block next to the oil filter (big round black rubber boot on connection) - the D16Z6 has the cooling fan switch on the thermostat housing - you need to remove the connectors that are on the D15B2 engine harness and intall the 2-wire connector from the D16Z6 engine harness so that you can plug the connector into the switch on the thermostat housing

3. the D15B2 uses a firewall mounted MAP sensor - the D16Z6 has the MAP on top of the throttle body - you need to unplug the connector from the MAP on the firewall, extend the 3 wires so that the connector will reach the MAP on the D16Z6 throttle body and plug it in

4. follow instructions that come with the Boomslang jumper harness

Speaking of an OBD0 to OBD1 jumper, i have one in awesome condition collecting dust in my garage.

75$ and its yours?

so you just get that jumper harness and connect it to the obd0 harness and then the ecu? im confused on this as well. i am also doing a z6 swap into my 1990 civic dx hatch

Sorry guys

sorry guys im new in here and i done know how to post....please explain...

Back