D16z6 in cx, first time running d-series vtec...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Hey, i just finished up my car. finaly. im runing ad16z6 with a d15b cam. i had to run the vtec wires and im about 73.6% positive they are run right.
My deal is i dont hear vtec or feel any other increse in speed, but it pulls steady through the gear. I am going to the track tomarow, and id like to have a way to figure this out. Now i know vtec in a D is nothing like a B, but is it common to not notice at all?

Thanks in adavance, and for puttin up with all tha other n00bish questions ive posted.

If it pulls smoothly all the way to redline, your VTEC should be working just fine. You're not going to feel a monster kick on VTEC if your ECU is tuned properly from the factory.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 1 2005, 03:54 PM
If it pulls smoothly all the way to redline, your VTEC should be working just fine. You're not going to feel a monster kick on VTEC if your ECU is tuned properly from the factory.
[post=439874]Quoted post[/post]​

ya, its ok, i figured it out. vtec is workin just fine, and i heard it a little last nite. Thanx

Back