d16z6 in to a 1991 DX civic wiring!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchhonda19

OK i need help with the wiring.. i have a 1992 d16z6 with a 1991 civic DX trans.in a 1991 civic need to do all the ECu wiring does anyone know anything about wiring this up. i have a 1991 SI harness and a also have the 1991 DX harness. and a 1992 non-vtec d16 harness can i jsut put teh 1992 ECU and wiring harness in to the 1991 civic, and jsut run the vtec off a RPM switch jsut my gages will not work correct? cuz the car is OBD-0 the motor is OBD-1 so if i jsut run the motor off the right ECU and wiring harness it will work. just my gages wont work. if anyone has a better idea of suggestions or just and to try and help me that would be great.

i just did that swap in jan...i put a d16z6 into a 91 dx and also got a 91 si 5 spd to go with it...i had to use my original wiring harness from the old carbed engine without vtec and put it onto the d16, also had to upgrade to obd1 ecu. i attempted to do it all myself and save a buck but in the end because of problems that is a little to much to type on here (ill email if u want to know) i just went to rywire.com and paid $300.00 and sent them my old harness and they sent it back and all i had to do is plug everything in..all my shit works great and it was money well spen trust me

just get in contact with rywire since you have all them harnesses and they will tell you which one is the best to send them and will make it so easy for you.

i have this swap done and it can be a pain if you dont know what your doin. im assumin the original motor was the dual point motor right? well its just easier to go to rywire and order the obd0 to obd1 dual point to mpfi conversion harness. this will save you a lot of time and cuttin into your ecu harness and movin wires all around. its recommended that you use obd1 components for this swap. mine is converted to all obd1 (dizzy, ecu, injectors) and ive had no problem. ive had a lot of help from people on here so dont be afraid to ask.:thumbsup:

Back