d16z6 into 91 crx hf. help me PLEASE!!!! lol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackcam

hi guys,
I'm doing this swap out of a 95 delsol si to a 91 CRX hf. I'm needing some info on wat kind of problems I might run into and wat I will need to accomplish this swap lol. I have the axels,transmission,engine wire harness,ecm and shift linkage. Will all this bolt straight up? Do I need different engine mounts or will the stock mounts in my Honda work? Do I need an aftermarket wire harness,if so were is a good place to find one? I'd really appreciate the help. god bless u all.

hi guys,
I'm doing this swap out of a 95 delsol si to a 91 CRX hf. I'm needing some info on wat kind of problems I might run into and wat I will need to accomplish this swap lol. I have the axels,transmission,engine wire harness,ecm and shift linkage. Will all this bolt straight up? Do I need different engine mounts or will the stock mounts in my Honda work? Do I need an aftermarket wire harness,if so were is a good place to find one? I'd really appreciate the help. god bless u all.
first off, you didn't say but I assume that the HF has the stock engine? here are a few things that you will run into:

1. the 95 Del Sol transmission uses a hydraulic actuated clutch - your HF uses a cable actuated clutch and has different mounts from the 95 - in order to use the 95 transmission, you would need to purchase a conversion kit like this:
EFDHC
this kit has mounts and will allow you to use the cable clutch - you would be much better off purchasing an 89-91 Civic Si or CRX Si transmission and selling the 95 transmission
2. the axles won't work as the HF has smaller hubs where the axle goes in - HF uses a 23 spline axle - the ones from the Del Sol have 26 splines - you could swap out the HF knuckles/hubs for ones from 88-91 Civic DX/LX/Si or 88-91 CRX DX/Si, which can get into quite a bit of time, if you haven't done it before
3. the 95 engine harness won't do you much good, other than you need to rob some connectors from it - you need to use the HF engine harness and make the necessary wiring changes to it - their are several changes that need to be made
4. in order to run the VTEC engine, you will need to convert your HF from OBD0 to OBD1 - you do this by purchasing a jumper harness for the ECU which allows you to plug the HF OBD0 chassis harness into the OBD1 ECU - I assume you have a P28 ECU? we like the Boomslang jumper harness
5. you won't need the shift linkage - use the HF linkage
6. you will need a new exhaust system - the HF exhaust is just too small for anything other than the HF engine
7. the engine only has one mount which is on the driver's side end - the other mounts are all on the transmission - you would need to remove the driver's side mount from the HF engine and install it on the D16Z6 in order to bolt it into your chassis

Last edited:
Back