1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16z6 into 91 crx hf. help me PLEASE!!!! lol

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by blackcam, Dec 18, 2013.

1. blackcam

blackcam New Member

hi guys,
    I'm doing this swap out of a 95 delsol si to a 91 CRX hf. I'm needing some info on wat kind of problems I might run into and wat I will need to accomplish this swap lol. I have the axels,transmission,engine wire harness,ecm and shift linkage. Will all this bolt straight up? Do I need different engine mounts or will the stock mounts in my Honda work? Do I need an aftermarket wire harness,if so were is a good place to find one? I'd really appreciate the help. god bless u all.
  2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

Colorado Springs
    first off, you didn't say but I assume that the HF has the stock engine? here are a few things that you will run into:

1. the 95 Del Sol transmission uses a hydraulic actuated clutch - your HF uses a cable actuated clutch and has different mounts from the 95 - in order to use the 95 transmission, you would need to purchase a conversion kit like this:
    this kit has mounts and will allow you to use the cable clutch - you would be much better off purchasing an 89-91 Civic Si or CRX Si transmission and selling the 95 transmission
    2. the axles won't work as the HF has smaller hubs where the axle goes in - HF uses a 23 spline axle - the ones from the Del Sol have 26 splines - you could swap out the HF knuckles/hubs for ones from 88-91 Civic DX/LX/Si or 88-91 CRX DX/Si, which can get into quite a bit of time, if you haven't done it before
    3. the 95 engine harness won't do you much good, other than you need to rob some connectors from it - you need to use the HF engine harness and make the necessary wiring changes to it - their are several changes that need to be made
    4. in order to run the VTEC engine, you will need to convert your HF from OBD0 to OBD1 - you do this by purchasing a jumper harness for the ECU which allows you to plug the HF OBD0 chassis harness into the OBD1 ECU - I assume you have a P28 ECU? we like the Boomslang jumper harness
    5. you won't need the shift linkage - use the HF linkage
    6. you will need a new exhaust system - the HF exhaust is just too small for anything other than the HF engine
    7. the engine only has one mount which is on the driver's side end - the other mounts are all on the transmission - you would need to remove the driver's side mount from the HF engine and install it on the D16Z6 in order to bolt it into your chassis
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
Draft saved Draft deleted