d16z6 into 91 crx hf wiring issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zach792011

this the first time doing a swap with this much wiring so i want to get it right the first time..... having issues with the wiring and how to match up the color coded wires at the ecu plugs..i have both wiring diagrms for each ecu do i just go ahead and match up what i can and then just run wires to where thay need to go after or what? what wires go to the engine bay and where...what engine harness do i use the hf or the d16z6 i heard conflecting advice ...what wires do i need and what wires i don't,,,any help would be great this is a low! low! budget swap so i have to do everything myself

wow 139 views no help well i figured out most of by myself the ecu is wired up and ready to go ...the only thing i have left is the engine harness... i need to know the pinout for the left side plugs the diagrams for both harnesses would be nice....d16z6 harness into a 91 crx hf ....come on this is a swap forum where people come for help and info this cant be to hard for you

First off there is 100's of topics covering this... Use the search function also google can be your friend.

I havent done this swap in awhile... But I think you will be better off using a obd0-obd1 jumper harness for the ecu you can shop around and get them for around 50 dollars. But if you wanna try wiring it your self thats fine to but I can tell you its going to take you awhile to do that. Then wiring the dizzy is fairly easy you can also search or google that.

I can remember what other problems youll run into using the hf harness because I had a SI which made it much easier.

thanks for the reply ...i got everything all wired up ...weird its turn over ,getting fuel but no spark any ideas?? i been looking all over these site and found some great knowledge about swaps but not to many swaps like mine so theres not much info....

I am also doing a D16Z6 swap in my 91 CRX Si and im stuck on the wiring harness. on the Vtech solenoid theres the black wire and a green wire. i assume the black is ground and the green is power, but i cannot find where the green one goes to and was wondering if i could just tap into any positive wire or does it have to be a certain one, also i have the P28 ECU and am rewiring it to fit in the car becus its cheaper, but was wondering if the wiring for obdo to obd1 is different before i start or is it all color match. Im new to the honda scene, but am mechanically inclined. If anyone can help thankyou.

Welcome to HondaSwap! :wave:

The OBD revision wiring is slightly different- there are OBD conversion harnesses available that make the wiring easy. I happen to have an extra I need to get rid of...

Your car also does not have VTEC wires in it- you'll have to run wires to your solenoid directly from your ECU.

Back