D16Z6 into 92 VX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slowpoke

swaping a Z6 into my 92 VX. I know its got vtec-E. What & how do i do any other wiring changes using my stock harness? I notice that my Vx has a 5wire o2 & i've heard the Z6 runs with a 4wire o2. What needs to be spliced or tapped for changing the oxygen sensor from 5wire to 4wire? Do any other things need to be added on, or left of? The Z6 doesn't have a knock sensor, what about EGR? I'll be buying a P28 from the junkyard,which plugs directly into my existing vx harness(correct?)

thanks for any usefull info, i'm not a wiring champ- bolt ons are cake. :thumbsup:

If you use the D16Z6 harness it will all plug right in. The Z6 doesn't use the EGR or knock, so you can disreguard the whole shibang, just remove it to clean up the bay. Yes the P28 plugs right into the VX cabin harness.

:lol: kewl, ditch the egr. ok. so i could reuse my VX harness - w/Z6 ecu, and do some crimping/block off an extra wire to convert it from 5--->4 wire o2 right? I want to leave in the Vx wire harness so i can match up stuff easier :blink: hope*

thanks for the feedback

Originally posted by slowpoke@Dec 30 2003, 07:11 PM
:lol: kewl, ditch the egr. ok. so i could reuse my VX harness - w/Z6 ecu, and do some crimping/block off an extra wire to convert it from 5--->4 wire o2 right? I want to leave in the Vx wire harness so i can match up stuff easier :blink: hope*

thanks for the feedback

Go to the FAQ and there is an how to about rewiring the five wire VX into a four wire o2. Or you can just repin it in the canon plug connection instead of the ECU.
If you use the VX harness, you will have a couple plugs just hanging there (both EGRs) so if you use the D16Z6 harness, there are no extra plugs, and you only need to move one wire on the canon plug, clean as can be.

Back