d16z6 into 93 sedan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

ok I'm haveing map sensor problemsbecause d16 have map sensors on the throttle body and for some reason al 93 civics with d15 engines have the map sensor on the cars fire wall. And with a 93 the map sensor wires are wired differently.

The car is throwing 2 codes code 3/ Map sensor and code 14 IAC valve.

Any one know of any sites or links that show how to install a d16z6 into a "93" sedan.

Car idles at 2000rpm and bounces, runs like shit.

The wiring is the same, no difference. The only thing that would be different is the colors.

yes the wiring on a 93 1.5L is different then a 94 1.5L or all D16z6 . Because,
On the the 93 1.5Ls the map sensor wires come outta the ECU straight to the map sensor on the fire wall, where as on all d16 and every other year of 1.5L the map sensor is on the Throttle body and the map sensor wires are connected in the body harness in the same plug as where you wire the v tec wires.

So in this case on a 93 the plug that I wired the vtec wires in is missing 3 wires, because those wires are wired outta the ecu to the map on the fire wall.

So with this both map sensors can be plugged in. The map on the new 1.6L is connected with the engine harness.

So what I'm asking is do I run those map wires into the plug wher the wires are on a D16 model.

Than you have an odd one, mine wasn't like that, niether has any other I have seen. And even models with the firewall mounted MAP have the plug coming from the harness.

yes that is what I am saying the map on the fire wall is conected to wires coming right outta the ecu, only the 93 civics with 1.5L have the map on the fire wall. Where as every other year civic and all vtec models have thoise wires running in the body harness.

So what do I do with the two map sensors.

yes the new engine a d16z6 has the map sesnor on the Throttle body where as the 93 sedan had a 1.5L in it before and the map sesor is located on the fire wall.

The wireing for the map on this 93 sedan is different, so how do I set up the map sensor, I know I use the new map on the d16 throttle body, but what do I do with the old map, on the fire wall, what do I do with the wires going to it.

Dude, just get the pinout for the P28, and remove whatever is in the place if the MAP and run new wires for it, not hard. Whatever you have going on is not right and should be fixed.

uplug the one on the fire wall.

plug that harness intot he one on the z6 TB. if you ahve left over wires, you messed up somethign else.

NO HARNESS by honda ever has had 2 map sensors.

the 1.5L map is conncted straight from the ECU by Blue/green pink/white and yellow green. On cars with the map on the throttle body these wires are in the cars body harness and run into a plug on the passenger side, top plug, same one the vtec wires come outta.

I know this because I went to the wrecker and looked at a dozen 5th gen civics on all 93 1.5L this plug is missing 3 wires in the second row. because those wires run outta the fire wall into the map .

I can't take that and plug it into the 1.6L throttle body because the engine harness plugs intothat one.

I've also seen a lot of 92-95, including 93 1.5 and have never seen Honda run a set wires independent from the harness directly to the MAP. It must have been changed sometime in the past eleven years.

the point is you don't have 2 map sensors. That is redundant, and no Honda system runs like that. What people are trying to say is to choose on one of the two, and run the wiring that is neccessary for whatever ECU your using, which I'm sure is the one setup for the TB mounted MAP.

yes I am using the map sensor on the TB, But my engine is idling at 2000rpm when cold and bounces.

Its throwing code 14 Idle air control valve, I checked if voltage was going to the sensor and it was.

But when I unplug the map on the TB( so no map is plugged in) the cars idle drops to 1600rpm and is constant, but engine light is on because map isn't pluged in and it still dosen't drive very well cuz the car jerks at constant speeds in 1 and second gears.

because the car is idling at 2000 and bouncing, when I unplug the map sensor the engine runs better. That is why, it then idles at 1600 and is constant.

If I unplug the wires going to thwe IAC vavle the car won't start.

I was thinking that I was haveing map problems and this was causeing there to be problems with the IAC.

Why then whjen I unplug ther map does it run better.

Originally posted by wisemansoji@Aug 10 2004, 07:57 PM
because the car is idling at 2000 and bouncing, when I unplug the map sensor the engine runs better. That is why, it then idles at 1600 and is constant.

If I unplug the wires going to thwe IAC vavle the car won't start.

I was thinking that I was haveing map problems and this was causeing there to be problems with the IAC.

Why then whjen I unplug ther map does it run better.
[post=374991]Quoted post[/post]​

of course it's going to do that...

the iacv is wired incorrectly. fix that.
thats why it won't start.

the map, once it has a good iacv, will function correctly. with the map unplugged, the computer runs its generic program, instead of reading the sensors... and thats why it runs. but trust me, its not good.

engine code 14 is being thrown, idle air control valve. I checked if voltage was coming from the harness and it was, if the sensor was bad wouldn't the car not start like when I unplug the iacv. Or do I need to change the sesnor.

Back