1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16Z6 into 97 Hatch.

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by marc l, Nov 14, 2009.

1. marc l

marc l New Member

Hey, im new to this forum but have been a member of other UK based honda forums for years.

I have searched high and low but it seems like there is not a topic for this swap, there is only topics for people putting B series into the 96-98 hatch.

Basically i have a 1997 civic hatchback, with a D14 engine, running OBD2a.

I have now removed the engine, removed all the engine wiring and ecu.

I have put a D16Z6 in it's place, and a P28 ECU in the foot-well.

I have both the Engine looms, stock D14 and D16Z6. The interior loom is still stock obd2a.

Now this is where im not 100% sure what im doing, i can only seem to find topic after topic saying use the standard wiring harness(D14) then wire in v-tec...

I just need someone to confirm/give me advice on a few things:

Is it possible to create a wiring harness from the D14 and D16 which will plug into the engine, the strut tower connectors and ECU.

Where does my interior loom come into things/what pins do i need to move over to connector C to allow my CEL work ect.?

Have a missed out anything obvious which should be taken into consideration?

I have the D16Z6 dizzy but will be using the D14 alternator.

Thanks in advance,
    Marc.

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

We don't have the D14 here in the states. Unfortunately, I don't know much about it at all.

Generally, you want to use your cars' engine harness, and cut/splice plugs where necessary. The injectors, alternator, and distribor all need to match the ECU obd. if you're using the p28, they all need to be obd1 parts.

3. marc l

marc l New Member

Thanks for the reply, can i change the plugs/wires on the D14 alternator to accomidate the new obd or is it a obd1 unit i'll need?

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

you would be better off with a d16z6 bottom end with a d16y8 head.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted