1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16z6 into a VX

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by toby, Feb 20, 2009.

1. toby

toby New Member

I recently swapped a d16z6 into my 93 vx. I got the vehicle running, but the problem is it will not pass smog. It is burning too much HC. My spark plugs keeps getting fouled. I was just wondering would a chipped ecu make my vehicle run different and cause it not to pass smog? Second, how can I tell if my ecu has been chipped? I've changed every sensor I can on the vehicle and it is dumping a lot of fuel.

2. mintoxik

mintoxik Member

do you have any codes?

3. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

didn't the VX use a funky o2 sensor setup?? I would start there, a faulty o2 sensor will cause you to dump mass amounts of fuel.
    READ THIS ABOUT VX o2 SENSORs http://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/vx-5-wire-4-wire-o2-sensor-info-13759/

also do an injector leak test, you may have bad injectors/stuck open causing you to dump fuel also.

Yes a chipped ecu can cause all sorts of problems if the chip is fuked up

4. toby

toby New Member

No the original o2 sensor for the vx is 4 wire, and it doesn't throw any code. I did do a leak test on the injectors and it checks out fine. When I ran my stock vx ecu it doesn't foul out my plug, but it does throw a code. Anyway the only thing I can think of is a bad ecu. I pulled the cover off of the ecu and I do not know how a stock p28 looks like inside, where do I look to see if it is chipped?

5. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

6. mintoxik

mintoxik Member

thats pretty cool nice find

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted