d16z6 into VX turns over but WONT FIRE? Help?!?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reloadmylove

Okay, I just swapped a d16z6 into my 92 VX hatch..I've got everything hooked up, went to start it ,and it'll turn over but wont fire...I don't hear my fuel pump kick on (but the motor is getting fuel, because I pulled an injector to test it) and I am also not getting a spark, (however I have 12.1 volts to my distributor), I have kept all my original VX wiring and harnesses, and just switched out to the z6 motor, and ECU. I have read things about 02 wiring, but would this keep it from running? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've started replacing other parts thinking this could be the issue, only to have no luck, and its really starting to add up. Thanks in advance!

Would it start if I unplug the 02 sensor?

Yes. ECU will see the car missing a sensor and go into limp mode- it'll run, but very rich. If this is still smoother than your current setup, the O2 sensor probably has to be changed over to what the P28 wants to see. Don't throw away your VX sensor- they're expensive.

Back