D16Z6 LSD Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

Need a little info on an LSD Selection for a D16Z6. I looked up some information on Honda-Tech and looked through some threads here at hondaswap and found 2 choices.

I hear on (on select few)D15 Trannys has an LSD, but only for automatic.
and
I also hear that Quiafe makes one for the D16Z6.

Are those my only choices? And is it true that the D15 tranny only has an LSD for automatic, and is there any way for me to get it to work with a manual?

Get yourself a 96-00 EX tranny (S40). It has the shortest gearing of all the d-series tranny's and it also has steel shifter forks. Honda LSD's are better than nothing, but I would defintely get a Quaife LSD over an OEM unit.

My Y8 tranny and Quaife LSD work great but the way. :thumbsup:

Browse d-series.org's transmission forum. There are lots of LSD questions answered in there. I have a JDM OEM D-series LSD transmission. It's a clutch-type LSD and I like it a lot. I found the tranny up in the Toronto area last year.

There are many aftermarket LSD choices but new they all run around $900. I've seen a few d-series trannies with LSD's for sale in the last few months. One with a Honda LSD in it and two with Quaiffe's in them. The Honda one went for around $500. And the other two sold for in the $500-750 range. I also have a OEM ZC LSD tranny and one of my winter projects is to see if the LSD with fit into my old Si tranny somehow.

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 2 2004, 08:58 PM
So the 96-00 EX Tranny will hook up to a D16Z6 of an EG Civic?
[post=425383]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes. Because it's a D-series tranny.

Back